Creating a TikTok widget for your website involves embedding TikTok content on your web pages. TikTok provides an embed code that you can use to display TikTok videos on your website. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create a TikTok widget for your website:
- Find the TikTok Video:
- Go to TikTok and find the video that you want to embed on your website.
- Access TikTok Video Options:
- Click on the “Share” button on the TikTok video you’ve selected.
- Get Embed Code:
- Look for the “Copy Link” option. Click on it to copy the link to the TikTok video.
- Visit TikTok’s Developer Site:
- Open a web browser and go to the TikTok for Developers website: https://developers.tiktok.com/.
- Create a Developer Account:
- If you don’t have a TikTok developer account, sign up for one.
- Create a New App:
- After logging in, create a new app on the TikTok Developer Platform. Follow the instructions to set up your app.
- Access the Embed Widget Tool:
- Once your app is created, go to the “Widget” section or a similar area, depending on the TikTok Developer Platform’s interface.
- Configure Widget Options:
- Configure the widget options, including the layout, design, and other settings. You may have options to customize the appearance of the embedded TikTok feed.
- Paste the Copied Link:
- In the widget configuration, there should be a place to input the TikTok video link. Paste the link you copied earlier.
- Generate Embed Code:
- After configuring the widget, there should be an option to generate the embed code. Click on it, and the platform will provide you with an HTML code snippet.
- Copy the Embed Code:
- Copy the generated HTML code.
- Embed Code in Your Website:
- Go to the HTML source code of your website where you want to embed the TikTok widget. Paste the copied code in the appropriate section or page.
- Save and Publish:
- Save the changes to your website and publish it. The TikTok widget should now be embedded and visible on your website.
- Ensure that the platform you are using for your website supports the embedding of HTML code.
- Test the embedded TikTok widget on different devices to ensure it’s responsive and displays correctly.
- Regularly check for updates or changes in the TikTok Developer Platform that might affect your embedded widget.
Keep in mind that TikTok’s features and developer platform may evolve, so it’s advisable to refer to the latest documentation provided by TikTok for the most accurate and up-to-date information.